How we collect your personal information
Personal information refers to information that allows CreteHouses.gr to identify you, directly or indirectly, in the course of your accessing and using the website.
Personal information is provided by you, when:
- you voluntarily register online to receive our newsletter and offers, we collect your email address, your name, your country of residence. We may also collect certain statistical information, such as travel preferences.
- you request to rent one of our properties for short-term holiday rental through the website, we collect your name, email address, travel dates.
- we confirm a short-term holiday house rental to you, we will request and collect your passport number, nationality, country of residence, telephone number.
- you voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback via email, we collect your name, email address.
- use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How we use your personal information
We use the data to process the house short-term holiday rental and to contact you to make the necessary arrangements for your arrival.
CreteHouses.gr would like to send you our news that we think you might like. When you register to receive our news, you give your consent to us to contact you. We therefore may use the data to send you offers and news. If you have agreed to receive such messages, you may always opt out at a later date.
We shall not sell or transfer your personal information to third parties for marketing reasons.
Sharing personal information with third parties:
We shall not sell, transfer or share your personal information with third parties. However, your personal information may be processed or disclose for the following reasons:
- We share your data with the property owner for the process of the holiday house rental.
- We share your data (name, nationality, country of residence, passport number) with the Greek Tax Authority, as a statutory requirement.
- Third-party service providers, who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, booking engine software, functionality development and improvement, information technology, may process your data, provided that such service providers have provided satisfactory assurances of their technical and organizational ability to provide appropriate and sufficient data protection, in accordance with applicable law.
- We might share your data if and when required by the law and requested by the authorities, and/or for security, safety and protection of rights matters.
Storage of Personal information
We store your data in password-controlled servers with limited access. Personal information collected may be retained with CreteHouses.gr for up to 2 years.
Links to third party websites
Your protection rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access– You have the right to request CreteHouses.gr for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification– You have the right to request that CreteHouses.gr corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request CreteHouses.gr to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure– You have the right to request that CreteHouses.gr erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing– You have the right to request that CreteHouses.gr restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
What is a cookie?
Technical: These are necessary for the browsing and the optimal performance of our Web. For example, they make it possible to monitor the traffic and communication of data, access restricted areas, perform the purchasing procedure for an order, use security elements, store content in order to broadcast videos or share content via social networks.
Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Site within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Site’s functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Site through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Site. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
Personalization: These allow you to access the service with predefined characteristics in accordance with a series of criteria, for example, the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration where the service is being accessed from, etc.